[News] Ubuntu Netbook Remix Definitely Replaces Firefox With Chromium

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu Netbook Remix Definitely Replaces Firefox With Chromium
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 18:18:56 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Chromium to be default browser for Ubuntu 10.10 UNR

,----[ Quote ]
| Googleâs Chromium browser will be the new
| default browser for the 10.10 release of
| Ubuntu Netbook Remix (UNR), replacing
| Firefox.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/2010/06/chromium-to-be-default-browser-for-ubuntu-10-10-unr/

Chromium default Browser for UNE 10.10

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox will surely remain available in the
| repositories, so there will be an open door
| for everyone who, like me, is more
| comfortable using it. My concern is that
| Canonical is apparently sacrificing some of
| its original values, like security and
| reliability, in favor of the "flavor of the
| month". I didn't understand the excessive
| push on social interaction tools and now I
| don't understand getting rid of an Internet
| browser which has been their flagship for
| so long, which is also an industry
| standard. Do they think popular is better?
| Hard to tell, but with all the bugs pending
| fixing, I find it funny that they actually
| waste a second thinking of replacing the
| Internet browser.
`----

http://cristalinux.blogspot.com/2010/06/chromium-to-become-default-web-browser.html

Recent:

Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat release schedule

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://duncsweb.com/2010/04/07/ubuntu-10-10-maverick-meerkat-release-schedule/