[News] Android/Linux Phones Now Going for $100, Beating Apple

  • Subject: [News] Android/Linux Phones Now Going for $100, Beating Apple
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 18:36:54 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

HelloSoft Announces TriPhone, $100 4G Android Phone

,----[ Quote ]
| VoIP and Convergence company HelloSoft has
| announced that they are releasing a 4G tri-
| band "reference" phone for deployment in
| WiMAX markets. A $100 4G Android phone?
| Hard to believe, right? But wait, there's
| more: this handset is going to be fully
| VoIP ready!  Read on after the break.
`----

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/06/07/hellosoft-releases-triphone-100-4g-android-phone/

Why the iPhone Cannot Keep up with Android

,----[ Quote ]
| And don't even get me started on the fact
| that the Android code is already starting
| to appear in totally new segments, bringing
| yet more innovation, yet more players....
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2010/06/why-iphone-cannot-keep-up-with-android.html

Android OS and Others Drive Growth of Mobile Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| You might call mobile Linux the little
| operating system that could, or at least is
| able to since the introduction of Google's
| Android OS helped push mobile Linux into
| the top ranks.
`----

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=16629&news=Google+Android+OS+Mobile+Linux

Nexus One, Nokia X6 coming to South Korea in June

,----[ Quote ]
| Like Japan, South Korea has a wireless
| industry that's typically leaps and bounds
| ahead of just about everywhere else in the
| world -- but the country has never been a
| Symbian or Android stronghold, so it's
| actually not much of a surprise that two
| big recent releases are just now heading
| over there this Summer.
`----

http://mobile.engadget.com/2010/05/31/nexus-one-nokia-x6-coming-to-south-korea-in-june/

Recent: