[News] Engadget Takes a Look at Linux/Android Phone/Tablet, Tests With Oscilloscope on GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Engadget Takes a Look at Linux/Android Phone/Tablet, Tests With Oscilloscope on GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 18:38:17 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Engadget's Dell Streak review, is it more appealing than the HTC EVO 4G?

,----[ Quote ]
| As Joel pointed out back in January Michael
| Dell showed a glimpse of the Dell Android
| tablet then known as the Dell Mini 5. The
| device launched this past week on O2 in the UK
| and is officially known as the Dell Streak.
| The folks at Engadget picked one up and posted
| a full review of this 5 inch display tablet.
| The Dell Streak should be launching here in
| the US in July for around $500. With my new
| Sprint HTC EVO 4G sporting similar specs and a
| 4.3 inch display for $200, I have to wonder if
| the slightly larger display will appeal to
| many looking for an iPad alternative.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/mobile-gadgeteer/engadgets-dell-streak-review-is-it-more-appealing-than-the-htc-evo-4g/3357

Nexus One gets USB host driver from a dude with an oscilloscope (video)

,----[ Quote ]
| For Sven Killig, running Android 2.2 wasn't
| enough. No sir, this dude wanted even more
| power for his Nexus One, so he went ahead and
| penned a few lines of code that have allowed
| his Googlephone to act as a USB host.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/04/nexus-one-gets-usb-host-driver-from-a-dude-with-an-oscilloscope/

Recent:

Google Android outsells Apple iPhone, ranked No. 2 in U.S. smartphone sales by NPD

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://mobile.venturebeat.com/2010/05/10/google-android-outsells-apple-iphone-ranked-second-in-u-s-smartphone-market/