[News] Review of GNU/Linux Distributions for Sub-notebooks, Update on OLPC

  • Subject: [News] Review of GNU/Linux Distributions for Sub-notebooks, Update on OLPC
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 18:39:15 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Roundup of Linux distributions that play (mostly) well with the HP 2133

,----[ Quote ]
| I eventually settled on MinBuntu, a custom
| version of Ubuntu 8.04 that had been tweaked
| to support the HP Mini 2133. But a funny thing
| happened over the past few years â a number of
| other Linux distributions have been updated to
| add support for most netbooks, including those
| with VIA processors.
`----

http://www.liliputing.com/2010/06/roundup-of-linux-distributions-that-play-mostly-well-with-the-hp-2133.html

Lessons from One Laptop Per Child

,----[ Quote ]
| Video of Nicholas Negroponte, founder and
| chairman of One Laptop per Child, talking on
| the successes and lessons of the project.
`----

http://coffee.geek.nz/lessons-one-laptop-child.html

Recent:

One Laptop Per Child Revamps Tablet Plans

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.forbes.com/2010/05/26/olpc-ipad-apple-technology-negroponte.html