[News] New Examples of Open Hardware and Open Content

  • Subject: [News] New Examples of Open Hardware and Open Content
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 19:37:38 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Lung Cancer Alliance Launches First Open Access Patient Driven Website for CT Scans and Clinical Data

,----[ Quote ]
| Lung Cancer Alliance (LCA), the only national
| non-profit dedicated to providing support and
| advocacy for those living with or at risk for
| lung cancer, announced today the launching of
| the first open access website for CT scans and
| clinical data donated by patients, called Give
| a Scan, that will increase and accelerate
| research for lung cancer screening, diagnosis,
| treatment and drug development.
`----

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lung-cancer-alliance-launches-first-open-access-patient-driven-website-for-ct-scans-and-clinical-data-95842964.html

Open Clip Art Library Spring 2010 Release!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Open Clip Art Library has seen tremendous
| growth and change during the initial half of
| the year. Today, the platform continues itâs
| evolution with the Spring 2010 Release!
`----

http://blog.worldlabel.com/2010/open-clip-art-library-spring-2010-release.html

xkcdâs Tiniest Open-Source Violin IRL

http://www.geekosystem.com/tiniest-open-source-violin-xkcd/

Qbo open source robot gets YouTube channel

,----[ Quote ]
| Is getting your very own YouTube channel a
| measure of success these days? It doesn't
| really matter for a robot that has no
| emotions, although that does not rule them out
| from getting their own channels either - case
| in point, the Qbo open source robotics project
| that comes with their very own YouTube channel
| you see above, depicting the stereo camera
| calibration method for the curious.
`----

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2010/06/qbo_open_source_robot_gets_youtube_channel.html

Recent:

Qi Hardware Launches Open-Source Computer

,----[ Quote ]