[News] Open Access and Standards promoted

The Australian Parliament goes CC - with v3.0

,----[ Quote ]
| Hopefully most of you have seen the official
| launch of the Australian v3.0 licences earlier
| today.
`----

http://creativecommons.org.au/node/301

Time for data.ac.uk? Or a local data.open.ac.uk?

,----[ Quote ]
| Over a swift half at the end of the rather
| wonderful Liverân'Mash, Mike Nolan chatted
| through some of his thoughts around his
| presentation on data.ac.uk that I hadnât been
| able to get to see.
`----

http://blog.ouseful.info/2010/06/07/time-for-data-ac-uk-or-a-local-data-open-ac-uk/

Learning from Libraries: The Literacy Challenge of Open Data

,----[ Quote ]
| Yesterday, in a brilliant article on The
| Guardian website, Charles Arthur argued that a
| global flood of government data is being
| opened up to the public (sadly, not in Canada)
| and that we are going to need an army of
| people to make it understandable.
`----

http://eaves.ca/2010/06/10/learning-from-libraries-the-literacy-challenge-of-open-data/

The Battle Over the Next-gen Open Smart Grid

,----[ Quote ]
| Will the smart grid eventually follow the path
| of the Internet with truly open standards?
| Several up-and-coming companies are betting
| that the answer will be a resounding âyesâ and
| are in the process of looking to sign up
| utilities and customers that want to embrace
| the open-standards smart grid vision. Among
| them is newcomer Arch Rock, which has been
| selling wireless network products for data
| centers and buildings for the past five years,
| and on Monday morning plans to announce its
| first smart grid wireless network product
| based completely on open standards.
`----

http://earth2tech.com/2010/06/06/the-battle-over-the-next-gen-open-smart-grid/

Cisco Pushes Open-Source Telepresence Standard

http://www.readwriteweb.com/enterprise/2010/06/cisco-pushes-open-source-telep.php

Recent:

Open Access to Nobel Prize awarded work â a pilot project

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.sciecom.org/ojs/index.php/sciecominfo/article/view/3624