[News] exFAT Software Patents Tax Promoted by Microsoft "Partner" Tuxera

  • Subject: [News] exFAT Software Patents Tax Promoted by Microsoft "Partner" Tuxera
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 19:50:58 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Android, Linux get Large File Handling With Tuxera exFAT

http://jkontherun.com/2010/06/08/android-linux-get-large-file-handling-with-tuxera-exfat/

Tuxera Releases exFAT Driver For Android OS

,----[ Quote ]
| Tuxera has licensed the appropriate technology
| from Microsoft so companies deploying exFAT
| are entitled to use the technology enabled by
| the filesystem. The company has not named any
| partners who have licensed the technology for
| Android, but it is likely we will see exFAT on
| Android devices down the road.
`----

http://www.itproportal.com/portal/news/article/2010/6/5/tuxera-releases-exfat-driver-android-os/

Gentle extortion.

Recent:

Microsoft licenses out exFAT file system

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/12/microsoft-licenses-out-exfat-file-system.ars