[News] Support for Desktop GNU/Linux Used as Promotional Tool

  • Subject: [News] Support for Desktop GNU/Linux Used as Promotional Tool
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:47:29 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Creative Ways to Make Money Using GNU/Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| A German CAD (Computer Aided Design) company,
| CAD Schroer, has come up with a novel way to use
| no-cost software on GNU/Linux to make money.
| Their product, Medusa4 Personal, runs on that
| other OS, too, but they see a large and growing
| market of use on GNU/Linux (152 countries - a
| third are on GNU/Linux). The idea is to provide
| the use of professional-quality software to SMB
| (Small and Medium sized Business) free of
| charge. By making it available on GNU/Linux,
| they make the cost of entry even less.
`----

http://pogson.6k.ca/2010/06/12/creative-ways-to-make-money-using-gnulinux/

Part of the tend. Many use Fedora or RHEL.

POLL: What's in your 2014 Linux desktop?

,----[ Quote ]
| It got me thinking about what kinds of things
| I would like to see in my Linux desktop in a
| number of years and now I want to know your
| thoughts as well. I have created a Poll, which
| you can see on the right, and the question is:
|
| If you could manage development efforts for
| the Linux desktop, what would your Linux
| desktop have in four years time?
`----

http://cristalinux.blogspot.com/2010/06/poll-whats-in-your-2014-linux-desktop.html

Related: