[News] New Wins for GNU/Linux in Servers and HPC

  • Subject: [News] New Wins for GNU/Linux in Servers and HPC
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:49:46 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Hosting Metro to Partner with Cloud Linux Inc and Offer New OS to its Customers

http://www.prweb.com/releases/hostingmetro/webhosting/prweb4103004.htm

Which Linux-powered behemoth is the world's top supercomputer?

,----[ Quote ]
| Itâs not news that Linux powers most of the
| worldâs fastest supercomputers, but have you
| ever actually seen the list? I was not aware
| that there was an organization set up to track
| all those supercomputers and publish the
| details, but today I found Top500
| Supercomputer sites and its latest Top500 list
| for June 2010. BBC News has a very cool
| graphical representation of the list.
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/opensource/?p=1611

Low Cost/Power HPC

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7799

Recent:

Super Computers â All You Probably Didnât Want To Know

,----[ Quote ]
| For anyone who wants to look at the raw
| data, itâs available at the Top 500 site.
| Just think, out of the 500 fastest
| computers on the planet, Linux is used on
| 455 of them, over 90%, Microsoft Windows is
| used on 5 of them, exactly 1.0%, and Mac
| OSX isnât used at all.
`----

http://madhatter.ca/2010/05/31/super-computers-all-you-probably-didnt-want-to-know/

China aims to become supercomputer superpower

,----[ Quote ]
| One petaflop is the equivalent of 1,000
| trillion calculations per second.

Cray-1 resurfaces in pieces on eBay