Re: Microsoft gaming its search marketshare

____/ High Plains Thumper on Monday 14 Jun 2010 00:37 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> 7 on Sunday:

>>> Its probably much below 1% as most of the search results are
>>> edited indicating vast armies of micoshfat stooges logging in and
>>> attempting to alter links and opinions and generate micoshaft
>>> stooge specific but completely fake market share report. It amounts
>>> to conning advertisers and they should sue to get their money back
>>> if false statistics are being sold wrapped in candy.
>>
>> International meters (not US-only) show that Microsoft has 2-3%
>> market search in search.
>>
>> Microsoft's online business lost over $700,000,000 in the last
>> quarter _alone_.
>
> That reminds me of another major company, McDonnell Douglas implementing
> its TQMS (Total Quality Management System) in the early 1990's.  They
> lost $330 million US in one quarter.  This was called the "cost of
> success".  a half decade later, they were sold to Boeing for a song,
> considered as "non-competitive", thus avoiding monopoly.
>
> Standards are necessary and provide an even player field for other
> entries into the market and continuance of those already in on a
> competitive basis.
>
> Microsoft already has a history of developing proprietary standards that
> cannot be easily accessed by others with barriers to entry (tremendous
> cost - licensing) or changing standards (worked before, but an upgrade
> is required to access new content properly), anticompetitive standards
> (Halloween code that prevents a competitor's platform or application
> from properly rendering content causing intermittent otherwise
> unexplainable consequences during content access).
>
> See "Microsoft, A History of Anticompetitive Behavior and Consumer Harm"
> dated March 31, 2009 by European Committee for Interoperable Systems (ECIS):
>
> http://www.ecis.eu/documents/Finalversion_Consumerchoicepaper.pdf

This paper is similar to the Comes petition in some places. Maybe reused.

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

Hit any user to continue.
http://Schestowitz.com  | Mandriva Linux |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
 22:00:02 up 46 days, 12:29,  2 users,  load average: 0.92, 0.77, 1.11