[News] GNU/Linux From Google Said to be Receiving OEM Support

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux From Google Said to be Receiving OEM Support
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 22:47:27 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Are Dell, Acer, And HP The First Chrome OS Partners?

,----[ Quote ]
| Acer has long been wrapped up in rumor
| surrounding the forthcoming wave of Chrome OS
| tablets that are to be released this year.
| Recently implicated Dell and HP might just round
| off the first hardware partners that Google is
| planning to work with.
|
| On the Chromium OS website, files were found that
| pointed to those three companies already having
| specific configurations for the operating system
| in place to allow for coding to meet those
| specifications. It could be nothing more than
| corporations covering their bases to allow for
| possible future work, but at the same time, this
| is just too much together to write it off as
| complete happenstance.
`----

http://thenextweb.com/google/2010/06/14/are-dell-acer-and-hp-the-first-chrome-os-partners/

Google Chrome 5: A review

,----[ Quote ]
| Googleâs very own web browser Chrome has been
| gaining popularity for sometimes now among
| users. And with the recent rollout of Chrome
| version 5, theyâre looking forward to gain
| users among Mac and Linux users.
`----

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/100613/Magazine/sundaytimesmirror_04.html

Recent:

Parallels Officially Supports Google Chrome OS

,----[ Quote ]
| Thereâs also a bigger story here: Parallels
| provides the base software foundation for
| many VARs and software developers that are
| deploying SaaS (software as a service)
| applications. Now, that SaaS ecosystem may
| be more inclined to give Googleâs Chrome OS
| a look.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2010/03/09/parallels-officially-supports-google-chrome-os/

Why online resources are not free and ChromeOS will fail

,----[ Quote ]
| In the end I think that Android will crush
| Google's other operating system, ChromeOS
| because for the foreseeable future most
| people will still want to be able to take
| their applications, data, entertainment and
| games offline, or at least on a limited
| connection. That is something that Android
| is much better designed to do than Chrome.
`----

http://www.tech-no-media.com/2010/03/why-online-ressources-are-not-free-and.html

Chrome OS to get business-grade edition

,----[ Quote ]