[News] Applications for GNU/Linux Reviews, Compared, Listed

  • Subject: [News] Applications for GNU/Linux Reviews, Compared, Listed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 23:04:15 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

VirtualBox vs. KVM on the Desktop: A Comparison

,----[ Quote ]
| So which virtualization solution is best for
| the Ubuntu desktop?  For the time beingâand
| this is to say nothing of the various options
| which Iâve not discussed, such as VMwareâs
| products and XenâVirtualBox is probably the
| better choice for users who want a simple
| application for running mainstream operating
| systems without ever having to touch a
| configuration file or open a terminal.
|
| For those interested in cutting-edge
| virtualization functionality, or who actually
| prefer the command-line, however, KVM has a
| lot to offer.  At the least, although its
| developers are clearly focused on the
| enterprise, it should not be ruled out as a
| virtualization solution for normal desktop
| users, especially when itâs combined with GUI
| management tools.
|
| Our advice: donât apt-get remove VirtualBox
| from your Ubuntu desktop yet, but keep your
| eye on KVM as it continues to develop.
`----

http://www.workswithu.com/2010/06/14/virtualbox-vs-kvm-on-the-desktop-a-comparison/

7 Dock Applications For Linux Desktops

,----[ Quote ]
| Dock applications is really cool way to get
| quicker access to your installed applications,
| directories, or files, itâs fully customized
| with different desktop and window managers.
| you will find a lot of docks available to use
| with different features for extra plugins,
| docks applets, and themes. here will list 7 of
| the best docks available so far for linux
| desktops.
`----

http://www.linuxnov.com/7-dock-applications-for-linux-desktops/

indicator applets now work with awn

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntuâs Indicator Applets now work with the
| latest testing version of popular Dock AWN.
`----

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/06/indicator-applets-now-work-with-awn.html

5 of the Best Free Linux Content Control Software

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20100531121737315/ContentControl.html