[News] WebM Spreads, OpenCL Backward Compatible, New ODF Templates

  • Subject: [News] WebM Spreads, OpenCL Backward Compatible, New ODF Templates
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 06:26:27 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Opera 10.6: WebM Video, HTML5 and More Speed

http://www.webmonkey.com/2010/06/opera-10-6-webm-video-html5-and-more-speed/

VP8 Codec Optimization Update

,----[ Quote ]
| Since WebM launched in May, the team has been
| working hard to make the VP8 video codec
| faster. Our community members have contributed
| improvements, but there's more work to be done
| in some interesting areas related to
| performance (more on those below).
`----

http://webmproject.blogspot.com/2010/06/vp8-codec-optimization-update.html

OpenCL 1.1 Fully Backwards Compatible

,----[ Quote ]
| The Khronos Group today announced OpenCL 1.1,
| a backwards compatible update that boosts
| performance in the parallel programming
| standard. OpenCL 1.1 efficiently shares images
| and buffers by linking event objects and fence
| sync objects, features memory object
| destructor callbacks and now allows for OpenCL
| commands to be enqueued from additional hosts.
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Online/News/OpenCL-1.1-Fully-Backwards-Compatible

ODF Templates For OpenOffice.org [Lulu.com, Turabian, misc]

,----[ Quote ]
| The only template that I did not create is the
| Turabian template. I just downloaded it, and
| modified the properties, so that it would work
| with the templates web site.
`----

http://eugenesopinions.blogspot.com/2010/06/odf-templates-for-openofficeorg-lulucom.html

Recent:

AMD Releases OpenCL ATI GPU Support For Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzYwOA