[News] New Proprietary Software for GNU/Linux and Adobe's Lessons About Harms of Proprietary Software

  • Subject: [News] New Proprietary Software for GNU/Linux and Adobe's Lessons About Harms of Proprietary Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 17:41:26 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Navicat version 9 for Linux is released

,----[ Quote ]
| These releases mark a complete Navicat
| product offering to the Linux users. Linux
| users can now experience the comprehensive
| database administration for MySQL, Oracle,
| PostgreSQL and SQLite with Navicat.
`----

http://press-releases.techwhack.com/54852-navicat-8

Adobe kills 64-bit Flash Player

,----[ Quote ]
| Adobe might have finally released the full
| version of Flash Player 10.1 - which
| includes hardware acceleration during
| video playback - but it's come at a cost:
| the removal of the 64-bit edition for
| Linux.
`----

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/2010/06/16/adobe-kills-64-bit-flash-player/1

Flash Player 10 for 64-bit Linux vanishes, leaving some users exposed

http://www.h-online.com/security/news/item/Flash-Player-10-for-64-bit-Linux-vanishes-leaving-some-users-exposed-1023025.html

Why do FLOSS advocates like Adobe so much?

,----[ Quote ]
| Iâm not sure how this happens, but I see
| more and more often FLOSS advocates that
| support Adobe, and in particular Flash, in
| almost any context out there, mostly
| because they are now appearing a lot like
| an underdog, with Microsoft and Apple
| picking on them.
`----

http://blog.flameeyes.eu/2010/06/15/why-do-floss-advocates-like-adobe-so-much