[News] A Look at Linux/Android-based Television, NPR Application for The Platform

  • Subject: [News] A Look at Linux/Android-based Television, NPR Application for The Platform
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 18:34:16 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Logitech Confirms Companion Box to be Called âRevueâ

,----[ Quote ]
| Logitech took to their blog today to
| confirm the "Revue" as their companion box
| for Google TV.  Rather than forking out
| hundreds or thousands for a new
| television, Logitech's add-on peripheral
| is designed to complement any current HD
| set.  So how did they come up with the
| name?
`----

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/06/17/logitech-confirms-companion-box-called-revue/

The Flavor of Android's Open Apps

,----[ Quote ]
| It started when I heard that National
| Public Radio (NPR) had an Android app last
| week. Actually, I'm sure they had the app
| earlier than that, but it was the news
| that this application was being open
| sourced by NPR that brought it to my
| attention.
|
| While I have been grooving on my new
| phone, I haven't been downloading things
| willy-nilly yet, because my current lack
| of travel plans means that I'm in the home
| office a lot and therefore don't need a
| fully stocked mobile platform yet.
`----

http://www.itworld.com/open-source/110525/the-flavor-androids-open-apps

DejaOffice Unveils New Productivity Features for Android

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/news/stock-alert/mot_dejaoffice-unveils-new-productivity-features-for-android-986730.html

AT&T CEO: Not Worried About Verizon's Android Position

,----[ Quote ]
| AT&T Inc. (T) Chief Executive Randall
| Stephenson said he isn't losing any sleep
| over Verizon Wireless's strong current
| position with Android phones, adding that
| things will change dramatically over the
| next six months.
`----

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20100615-709533.html

Recent: