[News] [Rival] Dvorak and Others See More Trouble Ahead for Microsoft

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Dvorak and Others See More Trouble Ahead for Microsoft
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 19:58:49 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft's Kinect for Xbox 360 is Doomed to Fail

,----[ Quote ]
| This all seems like Microsoft's answer to
| the clever Wii controller, with its built-
| in gyroscopes and accelerometers. But when
| all is said and done, game consoles were
| invented with game controllers in mind.
| The Wiimote is a modernized game
| controller. The Kinnect is a gimmick, and
| as gimmicks go, its popularity will be
| brief, unless the most compelling game in
| the world arrives built around it. And I
| do not see that happening.

Good bye Microsoft!

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, a lot of people do not connect to
| the Internet only through PC's but through
| many different technologies. It is these
| new technologies that along with
| alternative operating systems such as Mac
| OS and Linux are lowering the usage of
| Microsoft Windows overall. With the
| release of Google Chrome OS at the end of
| the year, Linux will take even more market
| share away from Windows. It seems that
| Microsoft is slowly fading from its
| dominant position and loosing its
| monopoly. Only through innovation will
| Microsoft be able to defend its place but
| it seems that this is very unlikely.
| Microsoft has become too big and sluggish.
| It is time to bid Microsoft good bye and
| embrace the up and coming alternatives.
`----

http://www.idreamoflinux.com/2010/06/good-bye-microsoft.html

Recent:

Microsoft Debt Issuance Makes Zero Economic Sense

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.forbes.com/greatspeculations/2010/06/09/microsoft-debt-issuance-makes-zero-economic-sense/