[News] New OpenSUSE Build Service, SCO Updates, Novell Still for Sale

  • Subject: [News] New OpenSUSE Build Service, SCO Updates, Novell Still for Sale
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 19:59:24 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

openSUSE Build Service 1.8 and 2.0 completed

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/openSUSE-Build-Service-1-8-and-2-0-completed-1020117.html

openSUSE Build Service 1.8 and 2.0 Announced

http://lwn.net/Articles/391704/

SCO: So die already!

,----[ Quote ]
| Another shoe has dropped for the SCO Group
| -- this makes about a dozen -- but when
| will this outfit go away?
|
| First the SCO Group sues IBM for billions
| in a case related to alleged intellectual
| property infringement, and then it starts
| threatening Linux and Linux users. Then,
| after Novell says that the SCO Group does
| not have the rights to Unix that it needs
| to sue and threaten, it sues Novell. Since
| then it has been mostly downhill for the
| SCO Group.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/columnists/2010/061510bradner.html

Daily Dose - What is Chromoting?

,----[ Quote ]
| Although we now know that Novell's Linux-
| related patents are safe from SCO, there's
| no telling what could happen when Novell
| is acquired (companies have started
| bidding).
`----

http://news.dzone.com/dose/dzone-daily-dose-612