[News] GNU/Linux Seen as Easy to Use, Stigma Remains

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Seen as Easy to Use, Stigma Remains
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 11:49:03 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

All hail the easy to use!

,----[ Quote ]
| This is why I like SimplyMepis. I like Linux
| Mint. I like PCLOS. I like Sabayon. I like
| Pardus.
|
| Oh, I still like Slackware, Debian, and Gentoo
| too, for nostalgic reasons, but when it comes
| to choosing a desktop these days, I pick from
| the first list.
|
| I know why the bigger commercial distros can't
| include all that stuff and why some others
| don't. But this is why we hope these smaller
| projects never give up and go home. They make
| life easier and these days, we can all use
| that.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/45929

Linux Desktop Stigma Draws Ire and Fire

,----[ Quote ]
| Stand up and be proud of what you've done for
| Linux. Yes, you'll draw your share of ire and
| fire but isn't every great fight worth it for
| the freedom it brings to everyone?
`----

http://www.daniweb.com/news/story290770.html

Related:

Smaller Businesses, Open Source is Going to Get Easier to Use. No More Excuses

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.bmighty.com/blog/main/archives/2007/12/smaller_busines.html