[News] Success Stories and Expansion in IP Telephony That's Based on Linux and Free Software

  • Subject: [News] Success Stories and Expansion in IP Telephony That's Based on Linux and Free Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 13:26:21 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Updating the Open Source PBX Story

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the big stories of 2009 was the finding
| by John Malone of Eastern Management Group,
| reported first on No Jitter, that open source
| systems account for 18% of the IP-PBX market.
| Now John is updating his research, so I
| encourage you to go take his survey and help as
| we continue to refine our picture of the IP-PBX
| user base.
`----

http://www.nojitter.com/blog/archives/2010/06/updating_the_op.html;jsessionid=WCSCWC4QKACPHQE1GHRSKH4ATMY32JVN

Digium Expands Channel Partner Program

,----[ Quote ]
| Like many of its larger rivals, Digium is
| launching specializations within the companyâs
| global channel partner program. If the strategy
| works as advertised, Digiumâs open source IP
| PBX partners will gain deeper expertise in
| unified communications and VoIP telephony
| solutions. Hereâs a look at Digiumâs strategy
| and the implications for VARs.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2010/06/16/digium-expands-channel-partner-program/

Recent:

Asterisk World Preview: Digium Set to Dial Partners

,----[ Quote ]
| Digium continues to build stronger partnerships
| in the unified communications market. The latest
| evidence: From Polycom to Skype, a long list of
| companies will evangelize Digiumâs open source
| IP PBX during the Asterisk World conference
| (January 20-22, Miami Beach, Fla.). And yes,
| Digium will dial up channel partners during the
| event. Hereâs the scoop.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2010/01/10/asterisk-world-preview-digium-set-to-dial-partners/

Digium CEO: Weâre Profitable, Channel Driven

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2009/10/15/digium-ceo-were-profitable-channel-driven/