[News] Nokia's MeeGo Probably Comes to Phones

  • Subject: [News] Nokia's MeeGo Probably Comes to Phones
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 20:17:23 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Nokia N9 MeeGo slider leaks in early video tease?

,----[ Quote ]
| Let's just put this out there: the image
| above was grabbed from a video that could be
| an early, leaked teaser for the N9, Nokia's
| first handset to run the MeeGo OS. Could be.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/14/nokia-n9-meego-slider-leaks-in-early-video-tease/

MeeGo Community Metrics for May

http://meego.com/community/blogs/dawnfoster/2010/meego-community-metrics-may

Recent:

A Review Of MeeGo v1.0: Is It Good Enough For Your Netbook?

,----[ Quote ]
| When I first set out to try MeeGo, I had
| hoped to boot up the live USB image on my
| netbook. What I soon discovered, however, is
| that it would not work. My netbook (an EeePC
| 1201n) has an Nvidia Ion graphics chipset,
| which is not supported by MeeGo (along with
| ATI and Intel GMA 500 chipsets). I further
| found that my other netbook (EeePC 900) was
| also not supported because it was a pre-Atom
| model, and MeeGo only supports Intel Atom
| processors.
|
| [...]
|
| MeeGo seems like a pretty decent operating
| system. On the surface, however, it does not
| seem very different from Moblin, which would
| make it appear to be a one-sided Intel
| affair. Underneath, however, Nokia has
| integrated it with the QT widget set and
| underlying Linux kernel development merged
| from Maemo. All of this makes MeeGo very
| fast, which I was not able to accurately
| test in Qemu.
|
| Overall, it seems good, but it will need
| some screen size improvement to work well on
| netbooks. For tablets, the large tabs at the
| top will work nicely. Assuming Intel and
| Nokia plan to support a larger number of
| devices than they currently do, MeeGo will
| be a nice addition.
`----

http://maketecheasier.com/meego-1-0-review/2010/06/17

Make mine a Maemo