[News] [Rival] Microsoft Allegedly Suppresses Competition by Dumping

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Allegedly Suppresses Competition by Dumping
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 18:22:11 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft's Poaching of Serena from Google Apps Is a Big Deal

,----[ Quote ]
| I heard that Microsoft gave Serena BPOS for
| free for three years, a claim Serena
| disputes.
`----

http://googlewatch.eweek.com/content/google_vs_microsoft/microsofts_poaching_of_serena_from_google_apps_is_a_big_deal.html

Fighting for the Cloud

http://pogson.6k.ca/2010/06/19/fighting-for-the-cloud/

Microserfs and the Future of Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| I started this interesting novel by Douglas
| Coupland. The book is entitled Microserfs and
| it manifests Geek culture by depicting the
| lives of several coders who work for the
| software giant in Redmond. Along with the
| movie Pirates of Silicon Valley, in which one
| can see the origins of Microsoft, this book
| has given me a lot to think about...and I am
| only on page 40!
|
| The novel shows how MS employees developed
| a certain "Microsoft culture" that happens
| to be very interesting. Of course,
| corporate culture is nothing new, but there
| are certain factors that acquire an
| undeniable notoriousness (not to mention a
| somewhat prophetic glow) when one considers
| that the book describes the reality of the
| 90's.
`----

http://mandrivachronicles.blogspot.com/2010/06/microserfs-and-future-of-microsoft.html

Recent: