[News] Ballmer-Run Microsoft is Going Down the Drain

  • Subject: [News] Ballmer-Run Microsoft is Going Down the Drain
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 18:22:57 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Bill Gates doesn't work at Microsoft anymore

,----[ Quote ]
| Besides, as I observed, "Who the heck could
| replace him anyway? I can't think of anyone
| inside MS and they're sure not going to
| look outside." Well, actually, there is one
| place that Microsoft could look, and that
| is to Bill Gate's house. But, he's not
| coming back. Bill Gates has left the
| building.
|
| This is a good thing for Apple, Google,
| Oracle, and the Linux companies, but for
| Microsoft? Well, I, for one, expect
| Microsoft to continue its slow decline from
| the top of the computer industry.
`----

http://www.itworld.com/business/111782/bill-gates-doesnt-work-microsoft-anymore

Rob Glaser: Why Microsoft has (pretty much) stopped innovating

,----[ Quote ]
| He goes on to explain the misfit between
| Microsoft's monopoly PC software business
| and the new world of Internet search,
| social networking and products that
| integrate hardware, software and services.
`----

http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2010/06/rob_glaser_on_why_microsoft_has_mostly_stopped_innovating.html

Recent:

Microsoft wonât be dominating the OS much longer

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1602970/microsoft-won-t-dominating-os