[News] New Reviews: Ubuntu 10.04, Slackware Linux 13.1, TinyMe 2010 Acorn RC 1

  • Subject: [News] New Reviews: Ubuntu 10.04, Slackware Linux 13.1, TinyMe 2010 Acorn RC 1
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 12:58:41 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ubuntu 10.04 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| I am using Ubuntu 10.04 and really enjoying
| it since I have more programs to choose from
| then I have had with other versions of
| Linux.
`----

http://linusearch.com/wordpress/?p=969

Slackware Linux 13.1

,----[ Quote ]
| The fun doesn't stop there, though. Go back
| to the login screen, click the list button
| at the bottom left of the login window, and
| you begin to see the advantage of having
| accepted the defaults on installation, and
| thus installed almost everything... You can
| now choose your session type from KDE, Xfce,
| Fluxbox, Blackbox, FVWM, TWM and more. As I
| said, if you want to learn about Linux, this
| is an excellent distribution to use.
`----

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/jamies-random-musings-10006480/slackware-linux-131-10017726/

[Reviews]: TinyMe 2010 Acorn RC 1 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the mini distribution based on Unity
| Linux, it a great choice for old machines
| cause it does not take a big amount of RAM
| and CPU usage, using OpenBox 3.4.11
| lightweight window manager, simple LXPanel,
| and many installed application will mention
| it later on the review.
`----

http://www.linuxnov.com/reviews-tinyme-2010-acorn-rc-1-review/

The myth of Arch Linux and the i586