[News] Fedora 14 Planning, Spreading the Word

  • Subject: [News] Fedora 14 Planning, Spreading the Word
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 13:22:51 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Fedora 14 Theme: concepts feedback

,----[ Quote ]
| Design team has kicked off concepts for
| Laughling release theme quoted: Something
| that can illustrate the emergence concept,
| like multiple objects combined to create a
| new one (more complex).
`----

http://blog.thefinalzone.net/2010/06/fedora-14-theme-concepts-feedback.html

Helping others get Fedora

,----[ Quote ]
| When I find an outstanding distro, such as
| Fedora, I prefer to buy the media from an
| on-line vendor as a way of showing my
| support. Most of the time the money goes
| directly to the vendor, however, I happened
| upon the Sponsored Media Program today and
| found a vendor who participates in this
| program.
`----

http://ardchoille42.blogspot.com/2010/06/helping-others-get-fedora.html

IT Infrastructure: Red Hat's Fedora Linux: 13 Releases of Cutting-Edge Open Source

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/IT-Infrastructure/Red-Hats-Fedora-Linux-13-Releases-of-CuttingEdge-Open-Source-173541/

Fedora 13 - Xfce spin vs. LXDE spin

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora 13 Xfce spin has more
| applications than the LXDE spin. So far the
| machine crashed on the screensaver (in Xfce,
| not in LXDE, and the same thing has been
| happening with Ubuntu Lucid if I don't
| choose blanking the screen instead of a
| random screensaver).
`----

http://insidesocal.com/click/2010/06/fedora-13---xfce-spin-vs-lxde.html

Recent:

I am Fedora

,----[ Quote ]
| Back in 1999, my employer, Pittsburgh
| Supercomputing Center put a Red Hat Linux
| system running an Alpha processor on my desk.
| From there I was supposed to do write
| parallel code for a Red Hat Linux beowulf
| cluster. It was tricky without some basic
| desktop tools.
`----

http://whatwillweuse.com/2010/06/15/i-am-fedora/

Fedora 13 Goddard. Bah. Meh. Hmm? Ok.

,----[ Quote ]
| To sum it up, I think Fedora 13 is much better
| than its predecessors, but still cannot compete
| with the likes of Mint, Ubuntu, Mandriva, and
| associated folks, which provide the common
| users with more tools and more intuitive tools
| to enjoy their desktop. Fedora makes sense for
| veterans, developers, tech junkies, and
| explorers, who want to dabble in what will and
| could become the mainstream in 3-4 years.
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/fedora-13.html

Why Iâm using Fedora 13 now

,----[ Quote ]
| In short, Iâm not running the latest
| versions of applications anymore, because
| Fedora doesnât have a rolling release
| schedule. This used to be a big deal for
| me, now I find that I donât care. The
| repositories are extensive, but of course
| Arch has the AUR which contains almost all
| open software known to manâbut Iâm not
| running anything exotic anymore.
`----

http://celettu.wordpress.com/2010/06/07/why-im-using-fedora-13-now/

Fedora 13 review

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 13 is the latest update to the
| Redhat-sponsored, RPM-based Linux
| distribution. It has long held a
| reputation of being a testbed for features
| that will eventually make it into Redhat
| Enterprise Linux, and, therefore, less
| stable than other desktop-oriented
| distributions. And I think thatâs one
| reason why Fedora has features that youâll
| not find on other desktop-focused
| distributions.
`----

http://linuxbsdos.com/2010/06/05/fedora-13-review/

Fedora 13 Boasts Many Leading-Edge Enhancements

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Enterprise-Applications/Fedora-13-Boasts-Many-LeadingEdge-Enhancements-878296/