[News] Nokia Chooses Linux!

Nokia Dumps Symbian and Creates Symbiosis with Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| To get down and dirty in mobile phone
| competition, Nokia decides to take on Apple
| and Google by adopting the Linux MeeGo
| platform for its new N-Series phones. Back
| in February of this year, Intel  and Nokia
| teamed up to create the MeeGo mobile phone
| platform.
|
| This bold move allows Nokia to compete more
| effectively with Apple's iPhone and Google's
| Android-based phones. The MeeGo platform
| features rich applications via the blending
| of the Moblin Linux distribution and Linux-
| based Maemo.
`----

http://www.daniweb.com/news/story292280.html

The Nokia N9: What The People Want

,----[ Quote ]
| Weâve been thinking a lot about the next
| Nokia N900 â or Nokia N9, as it will likely
| be called â and the features weâd like to
| see from this range-topping handset. We also
| asked for our readersâ feedback, however, so
| join us after the cut to find out what the
| public wants from the Nokia N9â
`----

http://noknok.tv/2010/06/24/the-nokia-n9-what-the-people-want/

Itâs official: Nokia N8 will be the last Symbian Nseries handset. MeeGo is the future

http://www.unwiredview.com/2010/06/24/its-official-nokia-n8-will-be-the-last-symbian-nseries-handset-meego-is-the-future/

Nokia Moving N Series to MeeGo

http://www.phonenews.com/nokia-moving-n-series-to-meego-11510/

Nokia to use Linux for flagship N-series phones

,----[ Quote ]
| Nokia Oyj (NOK1V.HE) will use Linux MeeGo
| software in its flagship N-series
| smartphones, hoping the new platform will
| give it a better chance to battle rivals
| such as Apple Inc (AAPL.O) and Google Inc
| (GOOG.O).
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSLDE65N14720100624

Nokia N-Series: Hello MeeGo, Goodbye Symbian

http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/06/24/nokia-n-series-hello-meego-goodbye-symbian/

Nokia confirms switch to MeeGo for high-end phones

,----[ Quote ]
| Nokia on Thursday confirmed that it will
| drop Symbian from its Nseries phones. A
| spokesperson said that all of the high-end
| devices after the N8 will use MeeGo, the OS
| co-designed with Intel. It's not known if
| the work-oriented Eseries or other models
| would use MeeGo, but most are still expected
| to use Symbian^3 or S40.
`----

http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/06/24/nokia.says.nseries.to.drop.symbian/

Nokia N9 To Run On MeeGo Platform