[News] FUD Tactics Against GNU/Linux - A Reversal

  • Subject: [News] FUD Tactics Against GNU/Linux - A Reversal
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 18:06:54 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

A New Take on FUD

,----[ Quote ]
| FUD is often used to discourage people from
| using Free Software but Rex Djere turns it
| around. His thesis is that the purveyors of
| non-Free software are the ones in fear about
| how their control of people will slip their
| grasp with exposure to Free Software. Nice.
`----

http://pogson.6k.ca/2010/06/26/a-new-take-on-fud/

Windows is easy, right?

,----[ Quote ]
| It is a well known fact, right? Windows
| operating system is easy, whereas Linux is a
| frightening tool for geeks. Whether this is a
| misconception created by fear and ignorance,
| a culmination of many years of real life
| experience sprinkled with some aggressive
| advertisement or just a buzzword, well, it
| has yet to be seen - in this article.
|
| [...]
|
| Operating systems are geek tools. Software is
| geeky. Let no one fool you. Nothing short of
| a revolution will change the software models.
| We're still stuck in the 80s mindset of what
| programs ought to look like and how they
| should behave. A fraction of the population
| manages to get along and sometimes on top of
| this mess, but most people are floundering
| and drowning in the ocean of binary despair.
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/windows-easy.html

The Three Big Problems With GNU/Linux: Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt

,----[ Quote ]
| GNU/Linux and FOSS make the proprietors of
| closed-source software very afraid because
| the psychological relationship  between
| the end-user and the producer of software is
| entirely different.
`----

http://www.acrossad.org/linux-news/28-the-three-big-problems-with-linux-fear-uncertainty-and-doubt

The Linux Link Tech Show #359 06-23-10