[News] Graphics Stack & Linux Kernel Space: PowerTop Tested, Assorted Improvements

  • Subject: [News] Graphics Stack & Linux Kernel Space: PowerTop Tested, Assorted Improvements
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 18:18:53 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Is PowerTop Still Useful For Extending Your Battery Life?

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=powertop_2010_test&num=1

Ubuntu Nearing X Server Not Running As Root

,----[ Quote ]
| Based upon a recent email to the X.Org
| developers' mailing list, Canonical is
| nearing the point of one of their goals for
| Ubuntu 10.10 of a rootless X Server, or
| being able to run the X.Org Server without
| root privileges.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODM2Ng

Intel Releases Its 2.12 X.Org Driver, 2010Q2 Package

,----[ Quote ]
| While Intel had only released its xf86-video-
| intel 2.12 release candidate ten days ago and
| there was only one RC, yesterday afternoon
| they decided to go forward and make the final
| release. The xf86-video-intel 2.12.0 DDX
| driver is now available and they have also
| tagged their 2010Q2 driver package.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODM2NA

Recent:

Some PowerTOP updates

,----[ Quote ]
| In the last few days Iâve been working
| with Auke Kok on adding some new features
| to the PowerTOP tool.
`----

http://blog.fenrus.org/?p=38

Intel announces the PowerTOP utility for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/5/11/365