[News] GNU/Linux Runs on 150Mhz PCs

More distros at 150Mhz, both good and bad

,----[ Quote ]
| Arch Linux isnât the only thing I have
| installed or used on the Mebius, since I
| brought it home a week ago. I did a few trial
| runs with other distros and OSes, although
| not all of them were as successful as
| archlinux-i586.
|
|     * Debian, oddly enough, mentioned memory
|     errors after a network installation, and
|     refused to boot. Unfortunately I didnât
|     write down the exact error message, so I
|     donât recall exactly what the problem
|     was. I plan on trying this again sometime
|     in the near future, mostly because Debian
|     is one of the best start-from-scratch,
|     intermediate level distros out there, and
|     it runs on old, old machines like this.
`----

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2010/06/25/more-distros-at-150mhz-both-good-and-bad/

Recent:

Donate Your Old Hardware

http://www.system76.com/article_info.php?articles_id=42

Linux Free Operating Systems â Ubuntu, Debian, Mandriva Installations on an Old PC

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.bestsyndication.com/?q=20100301_installing_free_linux_operating_system_ubuntu_debian_mandriva_fedora_on_an_old_pc.htm