[News] Free Software in Healthcare: More Successful Than Realised

  • Subject: [News] Free Software in Healthcare: More Successful Than Realised
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 19:53:29 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Open source and health care already have a history

,----[ Quote ]
| Fred Trotter, organizer of the annual
| OSHealthCon summit, has developed open
| source software for the health care field
| for many years. Most recently, he released
| a new national provider identifier search
| tool based on publicly available data.
`----

http://radar.oreilly.com/2010/06/open-source-and-health-care-al.html

Astronaut Outlines 2010-2011 VistA Challenges at VCM

,----[ Quote ]
| Astronaut, LLC chief Ignacio Valdes, MD, MS
| at the VistA Community Meeting 2010-2011
| VistA Community Challenges.  "Setting clear,
| written, measurable goals is nearly always a
| key ingredient for achieving success. With
| that in mind I propose that this community
| sets its goal on 100 new, functioning with
| real patients and practitioners clinical
| VistA  instances in the private sector in
| 2010."  He adds that the VistA community its
| members, entities and vendors is poised to do
| exactly that.
`----

http://astronautvista.com/news/astronaut-outlines-2010-2011-vista-challenges-at-vcm

Recent:

Open-sourcing VistA could revolutionize healthcare records

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/61770