[News] [Rival] Bill Gates Lobbies Canadian Prime Minister for Investment in His Investments

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Bill Gates Lobbies Canadian Prime Minister for Investment in His Investments
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 21:17 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Prime Minister Stephen Harper talks with Bill Gates

http://www.vancouverobserver.com/blogs/canada/2010/06/23/prime-minister-stephen-harper-talks-bill-gates

And later on he gave taxpayers' money to Gates' pet investment (see G8 outcome).

Warren Watch: Philanthropic plan

,----[ Quote ]
| You could have guessed something was up
| when Warren Buffett, Bill and Melinda Gates
| and David Rockefeller Jr. invited a dozen
| or so wealthy people to dinner.
`----

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100620/MONEY/706209929

Mo Ibrahim calls on UK government to act against corruption

,----[ Quote ]
| A warm welcome to the Gates Foundation, who
| officially opened their European office in
| London today.
|
| [...]
|
| But today at the Gates Foundation he had
| business in his sights: European businesses
| that do deals in Africa and keep them secret.
|
|     I can't understand that there are some
|     very well respected companies still
|     indulging in signing secret contracts
|     worth billions of dollars for African
|     resources and we have no idea how much
|     they are paying and to whom. How much is
|     going to the country and how much into
|     people's pockets? How can a board be
|     quiet about this? It is unacceptable.
`----

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/sarah-boseley-global-health/2010/jun/24/international-aid-and-development-bill-and-melinda-gates-foundation

Recent:

Gates coming to White House to appeal for more energy research dollars

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/09/AR2010060906355.html