[News] UNIX Guru Tells a Story of Desktop GNU/Linux Migration; 75+ Tux Wallpapers

  • Subject: [News] UNIX Guru Tells a Story of Desktop GNU/Linux Migration; 75+ Tux Wallpapers
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 20:35:59 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Some you lose, some you win...you have to keep trying

,----[ Quote ]
| One other person showed up, however, who not
| only used computers, but was an avid Linux
| fan. I had given him a copy of Linux a couple
| of years ago along with a âplush Tuxâ and he
| was now using Linux other than âfor one or
| two programs to do editing on his videos.â I
| told him about some of the multi-media
| programs that are available for Linux and he
| now thinks he can be completely âMicrosoft
| freeâ. He also has his wife and family using
| Linux. I must admit that his presence made my
| day a little brighter.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Blogs/Paw-Prints-Writings-of-the-maddog/Some-you-lose-some-you-win-you-have-to-keep-trying

The Best of Tux: 75+ Wallpaper Designs Featuring the Linux Mascot

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux has captured the underground nerd
| world of coders and hackers (white-hat, of
| course) with itâs simplicity, lightness,
| and functionality. The mainstream, however,
| hasnât been as quick to catch on â that is,
| until they meet the adorable Linux penguin
| mascot, Tux.
`----

http://designora.com/graphics/tux-linux-wallpaper/

Recent:

Linux distribution migration: Planning for efficiency

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid39_gci1514976,00.html