[News] KDE SC News: Qt Interview, KDE Accessibility, and KatchTV

  • Subject: [News] KDE SC News: Qt Interview, KDE Accessibility, and KatchTV
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 21:22:07 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Qtâs Volker Hilsheimerâ

,----[ Quote ]
| As powerful and comprehensive as Qt is, it
| requires C++ skills. We are aiming very
| high with Qt, and Qt Quick came from a
| desire to open the framework up to even
| more developers than what is possible now.
| To do that we needed to build something
| within Qt that allows developers or UI
| designers with diverse skill sets outside
| of C++ â like JavaScript or Flash for
| example â to use Qt to build nice, rich,
| touch-enabled UIs .
|
| Qt Quick works by combining an enhanced Qt
| Creator IDE, a new easy-to-learn
| declarative language that will be instantly
| familiar to many developers (QML) and a new
| module in the Qt library called
| QtDeclarative.
`----

http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/interviews/qts-volker-hilsheimer-qt-4-7-and-more%E2%80%A6/

KDE Accessibility tools

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux is certainly available for everyone.
| And with the right tools, it is even
| possible to make it available to those with
| disabilities. Both KMag and KMouseTool
| makes Linux possible for those who might
| not have been able to without such tools.
`----

http://www.ghacks.net/2010/06/29/kde-accessibilit-tools/

KatchTV is an "Internet TV" application for KDE, otherwise known as a broadcatcher.

,----[ Quote ]
| KatchTV is very similar to Democracy TV,
| but focuses on KDE integration, using
| KHTMLPart and embedded players such as
| kaffeine. It's much faster, and lighter on
| resources if you run a KDE desktop without
| GTK apps.
`----

http://ubuntulandforever.blogspot.com/2010/06/katchtv-is-tv-application-for-kde.html

Recent:

KDE SC 4.5.0 â Beta 2 â Another Quick Look

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://everydaylht.com/2010/06/13/kde-sc-4-5-0-beta-2-updating-my-quick-look/