[News] Points Where Linux/Android Phones Beat hypePhone

  • Subject: [News] Points Where Linux/Android Phones Beat hypePhone
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 22:38:58 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

iPhone vs. Android: Five points of difference

,----[ Quote ]
| The iPhone is as proprietary as Apple can
| possibly make it. If you like what Apple
| wants to give you in the iPhone, you'll
| never notice.
|
| But, if you want more than what Apple wants
| to offer you, you're out of luck. Take
| Adobe Flash, for example. Adobe would love
| to let you view Flash videos and play Flash
| games on an iPhone, but Apple will have
| nothing to do with Flash. Short of the
| Department of Justice ordering Apple to let
| Flash on iPhones or Adobe suing Apple into
| submission, the only way Flash will show up
| on iPhones, or iPads for that matter, will
| be through technical kludges.
|
| Android is far more open. If there's an
| Android application out there, even if it's
| not in Google's official Android Market,
| you can download, install, and run it.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/16437/iphone_vs_android_five_points_of_difference

Recent:

Linux Tablets to Be Headed in the Near Future

,----[ Quote ]
| As a matter of fact, word is that some Linux
| tablets are headed our way in the near future
| but they ainât here yet. And while I think
| that Linux tablets will do well, it also
| drives me to expect a lot from them.
|
| According to Jim Zemlin, the head of the Linux
| Foundation, it is necessary for mobile Linux
| vendors to increase their technical
| investments in order users could benefit Linux
| devices.
`----

http://www.toptechreviews.net/tech-news/linux-tablets-to-be-headed-in-the-near-future/

Kogan promises a sub-$200, Android based iPad rival

,----[ Quote ]
| Koganâs giving Android another shot with a
| tablet that has HDMI output, 512MB RAM,
| 2GB internal memory and SDHC expansion
| slot, ARM 600-MHz processor, and a 800 x
| 480 capacitive touchscreen. All of this
| wrapped up into a less than $200 package.
`----

http://androinica.com/2010/03/03/kogan-promises-a-sub-200-android-based-ipad-rival/

Resolved Kogan Promises $200 HD Pad

,----[ Quote ]
| It's been a while since we last checked in
| on Ruslan Kogan, the brains behind the
| just-about-released Kogan Agora Pro.  With
| a launch only a few weeks away, the
| Australian electronics maker pulled their
| Android handset back and quietly went off
| the radar.  So what is Ruslan up to now?
| Bigger, better things!Recently, he was
| found demonstrating a new tablet at the
| MediaConnect Kickstart forum in
| Queensland.
`----

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/03/05/resolved-kogan-promises-200-hd-pad/

Need a tablet? Android based iLet Mini HAL shipping March 1 for $199

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://androinica.com/2010/02/26/need-a-tablet-android-based-ilet-mini-hal-shipping-march-1-for-199/