[News] [Rival] Holes Found in 'New' Microsoft Software, JPMorgan Stuck in the Past

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Holes Found in 'New' Microsoft Software, JPMorgan Stuck in the Past
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 00:09:04 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

New Messenger Has Same Old, Gaping Privacy Holes

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/10/06/28/2156217/New-Messenger-Has-Same-Old-Gaping-Privacy-Holes

Privacy problems persist in latest Windows Messenger 2011 beta

,----[ Quote ]
| Earlier versions of Messenger played fast and loose with your privacy. The new
| Live Messenger 2011, currently in beta, suffers from some of the same defects
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/t/instant-messaging/privacy-problems-persist-in-latest-windows-messenger-2011-beta-536

Chase Bank May Drop Support of Chrome, Opera

,----[ Quote ]
| mwandaw writes "Banking giant JPMorgan
| Chase may drop support of some popular
| browsers because they do '...not all offer
| the minimum levels of security that we
| require while others may not perform well
| with our site.' After July 18 you may not
| be able to access the website with a
| browser that they do not support. The list
| of browsers they currently support seems
| outdated: Internet Explorer 6.0 and higher,
| Firefox 2.0 and higher, and Safari 3.0 and
| higher (for Macs only). With usage of IE6
| plummeting and concerns about its security
| well known, the inclusion of that browser
| seems suspect. On the other extreme, rising
| star Chrome appears to be left out, too.
| What does Google think of that?"
`----

http://it.slashdot.org/story/10/06/27/1825251/Chase-Bank-May-Drop-Support-of-Chrome-Opera

Recent:

One-third of Security Essentials users infected: Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/28745/53/