[News] Mobile Firefox 1.1 Targets Linux But Not Windows

  • Subject: [News] Mobile Firefox 1.1 Targets Linux But Not Windows
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 19:34:52 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Field Guide to Firefox 1.1 for Maemo

,----[ Quote ]
| Over the last several weeks of the beta,
| members of the mobile team have written blog
| posts about most of the new features and
| improvements you'll find in the browser. Here,
| with quick summaries, are links to all of them
| - enjoy!
`----

http://madhava.com/egotism/archive/005050.html

Firefox Mobile â The fox in your pocket! â Windows Mobile shunned?

,----[ Quote ]
| With the popularity of Android phones, it seems
| strange that it was not released there first.
| There is a massive Android user base already,
| who are apparently hungry for a well known
| browser that is familiar to the one they use on
| the desktop.  This is shown in the success
| Opera Mobile has enjoyed and one look at the
| comments in the marketplace suggest that it is
| widely favored over the default browser that is
| packaged with the users phone.  Speaking as an
| HTC Desire user, I certainly prefer Opera to
| the native browser and even though I cannot set
| it as default, I would much rather use that
| than the default offering.
`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2010/07/05/firefox-mobile-the-fox-in-your-pocket-windows-mobile-shunned/

Recent:

Firefox for Maemo closing in on final release

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10430862-1.html