Re: [News] [Rival] Windows is Having Problems, Microsoft Jumps to Vapourware

____/ Terry Porter on Wednesday 07 Jul 2010 01:15 : \____

> On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 21:26:12 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
> <snip>
>> |
>> | 3. Make sure you can locate ALL of your | drivers for Windows 7. So
>> get ready for a | good driver hunt...
>> |
>> | 4. If you have a laptop, CONSIDER THE | BATTERY ISSUE.
>> `----
>>
>> http://mandrivachronicles.blogspot.com/2010/07/popularity-or-
> performance.html
> <snip>
>
> My new HP-5102 netbook running Fedora13 and a 30GB SSD is proving to be a
> outstanding performer, with NO battery issues.
>
> After 3 hours on battery the other night (at the local Linux User Group),
> it showed 4.5 hours remaining!
>
> I was using the unit to do a Linux presentation, with a external LCD
> projector, and the netbook screen was powered the whole time.

Many projectors run embedded Linux.

Dr. Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Windows: backward-compatible, even for viruses
 10:05:01 up 8 days, 18:07,  1 user,  load average: 0.34, 0.58, 1.14