[News] Windows XP Weakness Leads to GNU/Linux, Not Vista 7

  • Subject: [News] Windows XP Weakness Leads to GNU/Linux, Not Vista 7
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 10:54:49 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Linux for beginners

,----[ Quote ]
| After wiping the hard drive and reinstalling
| Windows XP countless times, the computer
| refused to get to the Windows loading screen.
| So I decided to take the plunge and borrowed
| a buddy's Mandriva Linux disc â and things
| actually worked.
`----

http://technology.iafrica.com/swissarmy/2520181.htm

6+ Great Alternatives To Windows XP That Are Free and Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora is second most popular Linux Distro
| next to Ubuntu. Even the Linux God Linus
| Torvalds uses it (an old claim, not
| verified). The latest Fedora 13 (Goddard) as
| usual has lots of goodies like OpenOffice,
| KDE, and much more. A versatile operating
| system for home and office users.
`----

http://open-tube.com/6-great-alternatives-to-windows-xp-that-are-free-and-open-source

Recent:

Microsoft bids adieu to Windows 2000 and XP SP2

http://www.techgoondu.com/2010/06/24/microsoft-bids-adieu-to-windows-2000-and-xp-sp2/