[News] Symbian Guru Dumps Symbian for Linux/Android, Android 3.0 Rumours Float

  • Subject: [News] Symbian Guru Dumps Symbian for Linux/Android, Android 3.0 Rumours Float
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 13:54:33 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Symbian-Guru.com Is Over

,----[ Quote ]
| As of today, I will no longer be updating
| Symbian-Guru.com, and will be purchasing
| an Android-powered smartphone â my new
| Nexus One should arrive tomorrow. Iâve
| been a Nokia fanboy since 1999, and a
| Symbian fanboy since I got my Nokia 6620
| in summer of 2004. Since then, Iâve
| personally owned 10+ different Symbian-
| powered smartphones, and have reviewed
| nearly every Symbian-powered smartphone
| thatâs been released in the past 3 years
| or so. Iâve tried to use all of Nokiaâs
| various products and services to the best
| of my ability, and I just canât do it
| anymore.
`----

http://www.symbian-guru.com/welcome/2010/07/symbian-guru-com-is-over.html

Gingerbread will split Android into two, rumors say

,----[ Quote ]
| Android 3.0 "Gingerbread" will be a high-
| end format supporting 1280 Ã 760
| resolution and requiring a 1GHz processor,
| essentially splitting the operating system
| into two platforms, says UnwiredView.
| Meanwhile, HTC and Sprint are readying an
| Android smartphone with a 2GHz processor
| and 1080p video recording, says
| OzcarGuide, while TmoNews says HTC is
| prepping an Android phone for T-Mobile
| with dual 800MHz processors.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Android-3-Gingerbread-and-HTC-Sabor-and-Vision/?kc=rss

Android 3.0 Rumored for Q4 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| Rumors are circulating about Google's next
| version of Android, the open source,
| Linux-based mobile operating system.
| Version 3.0 (Codename: Gingerbread) will
| supposedly require a 1GHz CPU and at least
| 512MB of RAM onboard, making it a shoe-in
| for high-end smartphones. Gingerbread will
| also support a screen resolution as high
| as 1280x760.
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Online/News/Android-3.0-Rumored-for-Q4-2010

Recent:

Symbian development using Linux on real lifeâ

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://labs.danilocesar.com/blog/2010/05/05/symbian-development-using-linux-on-real-life/