[News] New Games for GNU/Linux: LettersFall 2.0, MegaGlest 3.3.5

  • Subject: [News] New Games for GNU/Linux: LettersFall 2.0, MegaGlest 3.3.5
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 17:40:42 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

LettersFall 2.0

,----[ Quote ]
| A new game has been brought to our attention
| called LettersFall which is a cross between
| between Scabble(R) and Tetris(R). This game
| offers the following items to the Linux
| community.
`----

http://www.linuxgames.com/archives/15417

MegaGlest 3.3.5 Pre-release special!

,----[ Quote ]
| A new version of MegaGlest will be released
| sometime today! Once it is head over here to
| download it! A short changelog can be found
| here.
|
| MegaGlest is a relatively recent fork of the
| quite well known FOSS Game Glest, which ceased
| development some time back. Now that Megaglest
| has taken up the development, things have
| advanced quite quickly (in contrast to the
| other promising Glest fork GAE) and Glest now
| finally has the long deserved cross platform
| multiplayer and a proper master-server with a
| games lobby! Furthermore Megaglest includes all
| the factions known from the Megapack before,
| bumping the total number up to 5.
`----

http://freegamer.blogspot.com/2010/06/megaglest-335-pre-release-special.html

Recent:

Red Eclipse

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Eclipse was pointed out to us here at
| LinuxGames. It is a free/open source game
| that was built from a total conversion from
| the Cube Engine 2 The game is a single-
| player and multi-player first-person ego-
| shooter wirh a âgeneral theme of agility in
| a variety of environmentsâ.
`----

http://www.linuxgames.com/archives/15375

Linux Games: Chromium B.S.U.

,----[ Quote ]
| Itâs been a long time since I offered up a
| nice Linux game for the Ghacks audience. So
| I thought, today I will introduce them to
| one of my favorite Linux time killers
| Chromium B.S.U. When I first discovered
| this game itâs original title was simply
| Chromium. Obviously this was  a serious
| conflict of interest with Google. I have a
| feeling the name change (adding the B.S.U.)
| was due to release of the now-famous Google
| browser.
`----

http://www.ghacks.net/2010/06/27/linux-games-chromium-b-s-u/

Five best free Linux games of 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| Best is subjective. My best may not be your
| best. Still, I wanted to share with you my
| perception of the best Linux games you can
| have installed on your machine, in year
| 2010, Gregorian Calendar. These games offer
| an unrivaled mix of storyline, attention to
| detail and a balance between realism and
| plain ole fun. These are more than just
| games you will play for a few minutes and
| then toss away forever. These are games
| that you will keep returning to, even if
| they sit abandoned on the digital shelf for
| a a few months or even years. They are
| special.
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/games/linux-games-best.html