[News] Nokia Bets on Own Linux Platform (MeeGo), Not Android (Also Linux)

  • Subject: [News] Nokia Bets on Own Linux Platform (MeeGo), Not Android (Also Linux)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 18:31:54 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

MeeGo 1.1 for Handsets released

http://mobilelivingroom.de/MeeGo-11-Handsets-released

Nokia rejects Google Android

,----[ Quote ]
| The posting from Anssi Vanjoki also stated
| that, âI am committed, perhaps even obsessed,
| with getting Nokia back to being number one in
| high-end devices. Achieving this will require
| performance and efforts over and above the
| norm. This is a role Iâve personally been
| preparing for over the last 20 years. We have
| all the assets â including R&D and product
| development â at our disposal under one roof â
| to produce killer smartphones and market-
| changing mobile computers.â End of Quote
`----

http://linusearch.com/wordpress/?p=1016

Recent:

MeeGo tablet unveiled in China

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Flag Software has demonstrated a 10.1-
| inch tablet running its new MeeGo Linux
| version of Midinux 3.0 on an Intel
| Moorestown Z6xx processor, says Tech.qq.
| Equipped with Wi-Fi and 3G, the NPad
| tablet will go on sale in the third
| quarter, says the report.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Red-Flag-NPad/?kc=rss

MeeGo Launches its Handset User Experience Project

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/News/MeeGo-Launches-its-Handset-User-Experience-Project