[News] Motorola Droid and Droid X Coming, Mocking Apple

  • Subject: [News] Motorola Droid and Droid X Coming, Mocking Apple
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 19:06:04 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Android 2.2 Slated for Motorola Droid July 13, Droid X for August

,----[ Quote ]
| Verizon Wireless will begin upgrading its
| first Motorola Droid to the new OS by July
| 13, said the Brighthand blog, which noted
| "unofficial but stable versions of this ROM
| have already appeared on the Web."
| Droidforums.net said the Motorola Droid X
| will receive Android 2.2 over the air in
| August. Android 2.2 features significant
| speed improvements over Android 2.1, as well
| as new enterprise capabilities for Microsoft
| Exchange and Gmail, WiFi hotspot enablement
| and tethering, and a cloud-to-device
| messaging API.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-Wireless/Android-22-Slated-for-Motorola-Droid-July-13-Droid-X-for-August-820233/

DROID X Pre-sale Restarts at Best Buy, Wonât Guarantee Availability

,----[ Quote ]
| When we broke the news that Best Buy and
| Best Buy Mobile had stopped their Droid X
| pre-sale after hitting their alloted
| inventory number in just 5 days, we didnât
| expect them to restart it.  Well, guess
| what?  They haveâsort of.
`----

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/07/03/droid-x-pre-sale-restarts-at-best-buy/

Full Page NYT Ad Shows Droid X: âHold the Phone Any Way You Like itâ

,----[ Quote ]
| Apparently, the phone is designed in a way
| that allows the user to decide how to hold
| it. Just another example of Android's
| freedom of choice.
`----

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/06/30/full-page-nyt-ad-shows-droid-hold-phone/

Recent:

Cool fastest Linux on the road

http://www.handlewithlinux.com/fastest-linux-on-the-road-electric-superbike

HTC Desire and HTC Legend Gets Root Access

,----[ Quote ]
| The two new Android phone â HTC Desire and
| HTC Legend have been rooted for full file
| system access on Android 2.1. Paul at Modaco
| forums has confirmed to have got full su
| (root) access on the said devices, and is
| currently going through final release
| mechanics before he makes it public for
| everyone to use.
`----