[News] More Linux Phones, This Time From Sony Ericsson, Reaching Emerging Markets

  • Subject: [News] More Linux Phones, This Time From Sony Ericsson, Reaching Emerging Markets
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 19:08:22 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Sony Ericsson X10 mini Unboxing

,----[ Quote ]
| When we broke the news that Best Buy and
| Best Buy Mobile had stopped their Droid X
| pre-sale after hitting their alloted
| inventory number in just 5 days, we didnât
| expect them to restart it.  Well, guess
| what?  They haveâsort of.
`----

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/07/03/droid-x-pre-sale-restarts-at-best-buy/

Google Looks to Emerging Markets for Android's Growth

,----[ Quote ]
| Google plans to push its Android mobile
| software in India and China and is exploring
| ways for developers to make more money from
| applications, stepping up competition with
| Apple and Nokia.
`----

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/05/technology/companies/05iht-android05.html

Everything You Need To Know About The Fragmented Mobile Developer Ecosystem

,----[ Quote ]
| - Android stands out as the platform most
| popular among mobile developers. Survey
| results suggest nearly 60 percent of all
| mobile developers recently developed on
| Android, assuming an equal number of
| respondents with experience across each of
| eight major platforms. Second in terms of
| developer mindshare is iOS  (iPhone),
| outranking Symbian and Java ME, which were
| in pole position in 2008.
`----

http://techcrunch.com/2010/07/05/mobile-developer-economics-2010/

Recent:

Upcoming Android Smart Phones from Sony Ericsson

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.blog.moby1.co.uk/2010/06/sony-ericsson-phones/upcoming-android-smart-phones-from-sony-ericsson.html