[News] Free/Libre Databases (Postgres) to be Used by EMC

  • Subject: [News] Free/Libre Databases (Postgres) to be Used by EMC
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 13:50:58 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

EMC takes over Greenplum

,----[ Quote ]
| Greenplum, which uses the open source
| PostgreSQL database as a base for its data
| warehousing and business intelligence
| software, has been acquired by storage
| company EMC.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/EMC-takes-over-Greenplum-1034219.html

How Oracle has made Sun rise again

,----[ Quote ]
| Through the deal, Oracle acquired the Java
| software language that underpins its
| Fusion middleware, as well as the Solaris
| open source operating system and open
| source database technology MySQL. The deal
| also saw Oracle acquire Sun's hardware
| business including servers, storage and
| desktop workstations.
`----

http://www.silicon.com/technology/hardware/2010/07/05/how-oracle-has-made-sun-rise-again-39746033/

A plum buy for a data vision

http://blogs.techworld.com/the-blue-screen/2010/07/a-plum-buy-for-a-data-vision/

EMC to Acquire Greenplum

http://www.information-management.com/news/data_warehousing_emc_greenplum_acquisition-10018170-1.html

EMC acquires data warehousing firm

http://www.itweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=34627:emc-acquires-data-warehousing-firm&catid=69&Itemid=58

New Postgres to Add the Polish

,----[ Quote ]
| With the impending release of version 9.0
| of the open-source Postgres database, due
| in mid-August, the developers behind the
| project are hoping that the new features
| will attract more interest from
| enterprises.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/200550/new_postgres_to_add_the_polish.html

Recent:

What is new in PostgreSQL 9.0

,----[ Quote ]
| PostgreSQL 9.0 beta 2 just got released
| this week. We may see another beta before
| 9.0 is finally released, but it looks like
| PostgreSQL 9.0 will be here probably
| sometime this month. Robert Treat has a
| great slide presentation showcasing all the
| new features.
`----

http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/index.php?/archives/164-What-is-new-in-PostgreSQL-9.0.html

Guest Blog: Rares Aioanei â Weekly Review of PostgreSQL

http://lizards.opensuse.org/2010/05/29/guest-blog-rares-aioanei-weekly-review-of-postgresql/

Getting ready for Firebird 2.5 â MindTheBird

,----[ Quote ]
| As Firebird approaches the final 2.5 release, a
| new campaign is born to help increase Firebirdâs
| visibility and awareness.
`----

http://www.sinatica.com/blog/en/index.php/2010/03/getting-ready-for-firebird-2-5-mindthebird

Firebird Community Interview part 2 with Daniel Albushat

http://www.firebirdnews.org/?p=2529

Firebird Version 2.1.2

,----[ Quote ]
| Release Candidate 2 (Build 18118)
`----

http://firebirdsql.org/index.php?op=files&id=fb212_RC2

Open Source Edition of syslog-ng 3.0 released

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/Open-Source-Edition-of-syslog-ng-3-0-released--/news/112811