Tablet Freedom With GNU/Linux: Ubuntu on Microsoft-taxed Device

  • Subject: Tablet Freedom With GNU/Linux: Ubuntu on Microsoft-taxed Device
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 07:26:43 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ubuntu demonstrated running on Galaxy Tab 10.1, summarily dubbed 'Tabuntu' (video

,----[ Quote ]
| Sure, you can run Linux on robots and on desktops and, apparently, on small
| cats, and we've also seen it on plenty of tablets before, but this one is a
| little different. Max Lee over at Galaxy Tab Hacks created the video below to
| demonstrate a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 running Ubunbu, but doing it on top of
| Android such that the tablet's native OS is running Linux in the background
| and then using a VM client to launch the UI. In other words: it's running both
| operating systems at once, and despite that we think the results are quite
| usable, even loading up this very website with aplomb. It's demonstrated after
| the break and if after watching you just gotta get a piece of that the full
| instructions are on the other end of the source link below.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/29/ubuntu-demonstrated-running-on-galaxy-tab-10-1-summarily-dubbed/

The Mafia of Redmond has just taxed another Android device maker. Regulators should
shut Microsoft down.