Re: HTC Infringed Apple Patents, Says ITC's Initial Determination

____/ Chris on Saturday 16 Jul 2011 10:53 : \____

> Am Sat, 16 Jul 2011 05:59:45 +0000 schrieb Hardon:
>
>> that HTC infringed two Apple patents,
>
> Ah, get ready for more ridiculous patents.
>
> 1) U.S. Patent No. 5,946,647
> http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?
> Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%
> 2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=5,946,647.PN.&OS=PN/5,946,647&RS=PN/5,946,647
>
> I seriously don't understand how it is possible to get a patent on
> something like this.
>
> 2) U.S. Patent No. 6,343,263
> http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?
> Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%
> 2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=6,343,263.PN.&OS=PN/6,343,263&RS=PN/6,343,263
>
> Wow, this one is hard to read, scattered with sentences like
>
> "The invention enables any arbitrary type of data, such as voice,
> facsimile, multimedia and the like, which is transmitted over any type of
> communication network, to be handled with any type of real-time engine,
> by abstracting the functions of each of the elements of the system from
> one another. This abstraction is provided through suitable interfaces
> that isolate the transmission medium, the data managers and the real-time
> engine from one another."
>
> Can somebody tell me in one short sentence, what the actual *invention*
> in this one is?
> Well, yes, a digital signal processing system that can handle arbitrary
> data. But what's the _invention_?

The U.S. PeeTeeOh! is not supposed to make sense or actually identify inventions,
let alone properly check for novelty or prior art. The goal of the office
is to grant as many monopolies as possible in the smallest amount of time
because that's what its performance is judged by and that's where it gets
its money.

US citizens need to protest and call the abolishment of the patent office
as it exists today. It drives away developers from the US, as I wrote just
hours ago: http://techrights.org/2011/07/16/uspto-crushes-economy/

- --