Re: HTC Infringed Apple Patents, Says ITC's Initial Determination

____/ 7 on Saturday 16 Jul 2011 12:02 : \____

>>> http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?
>>> Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%
>>>
> 2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=5,946,647.PN.&OS=PN/5,946,647&RS=PN/5,946,647
>>>
>>> I seriously don't understand how it is possible to get a patent on
>>> something like this.
>>>
>>> 2) U.S. Patent No. 6,343,263
>>> http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?
>>> Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%
>>>
> 2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=6,343,263.PN.&OS=PN/6,343,263&RS=PN/6,343,263
>>>
>>> Wow, this one is hard to read, scattered with sentences like
>>>
>>> "The invention enables any arbitrary type of data, such as voice,
>>> facsimile, multimedia and the like, which is transmitted over any type of
>>> communication network, to be handled with any type of real-time engine,
>>> by abstracting the functions of each of the elements of the system from
>>> one another. This abstraction is provided through suitable interfaces
>>> that isolate the transmission medium, the data managers and the real-time
>>> engine from one another."
>>>
>>> Can somebody tell me in one short sentence, what the actual *invention*
>>> in this one is?
>>> Well, yes, a digital signal processing system that can handle arbitrary
>>> data. But what's the _invention_?
>>
>> The U.S. PeeTeeOh! is not supposed to make sense or actually identify
>> inventions, let alone properly check for novelty or prior art. The goal of
>> the office is to grant as many monopolies as possible in the smallest
>> amount of time because that's what its performance is judged by and that's
>> where it gets its money.
>>
>> US citizens need to protest and call the abolishment of the patent office
>> as it exists today. It drives away developers from the US, as I wrote just
>> hours ago: http://techrights.org/2011/07/16/uspto-crushes-economy/
>

> You are not far wrong.
>
> There is talk about US going to default on its debts.
>
> There is little in the way of industry in the US that the rest
> of the world would buy from if it had a choice.
>
> A couple of mega corps, lots of patent loafers, and even more
> numbers of trolls doing their hallucinations do not make an economy.
>
> The US probably needs to eliminate software patents to allow industry
> to function again. At the very least some states should
> ban software patents unilaterally to get more businesses
> to relocate to their own states to save the tech industry.
>
> And if they are proven right, and more businesses do relocate,
> then they could ask if not sue the federal government
> to change the system.

This would work quite alright for the oligarchs, who will simply
take their franchises elsewhere.

I've just spent half an hour doing a corporate autopsy of a company
that became just a pile of patents and got sold to another, then
to a patent troll who help crush the economy for their own benefit.
It's the former CTO of Microsoft, a really nasty person.

If US citizens allow this to continue they'll be robbed and their children
forced to pay more debt. A few minutes ago someone sent me this
satire which was inspired by my posts:

USPTO To Pay 3 Billions In Damages Over Invalid Patents - http://www.muckwatch.com/news/7

- --