Re: (OT) Firefox 1.5 Beta - Conclusions

__/ [BigK] on Friday 09 September 2005 18:58 \__

>> Okay, I have just tried the beta The result was an unpleasant mess
>> involving
>> broken extensions, themes and a few other unpleasant things. My
>> conclusion would be similar to the one from July when I first tried Deep
>> Park and struggled <
>> http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/07/09/deer-park/
>>  >.
>> I hope that the final transition to 1.5 would be a smooth and painless
>> one.
>
> My experience is that this happens every time a new version comes out.  I
> wish they could find a way to use the same method of communicating with
> extensions and not mess it up.  But the truth is the most popular
> extensions and themes usually catch up within a couple of weeks.

Those that are still maintained, you mean...

With unpopular extensions, the developer has little or no motivation to
adapt or to fix. This implies that we might never be able to regain some
extensions we depend on. I hope they will still maintain and patch up
1.0.x. The critical patches at the least...

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "In hell, treason is the work of angels"
  5:20am  up 16 days  7:12,  7 users,  load average: 1.04, 1.81, 1.96