Re: So... anyone want to actually talk about Linux? Advocate it, maybe?

In article <eVwal.4464$PH1.1567@edtnps82>,
 Megabyte <megabyte.NoSpam@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> direct contrast with that of open source.  Apple and MS deserve bad
> press at times and Roy is simply reporting on what others have written
> elsewhere in his news posts.

Except that far more often than one should find in a "news" report,
Roy's quotes in his stories are out of context, and if you go read the
original story, you find that it actually supports the opposite position
from the one Roy is using it for.

If you've got enough spare time to actually fact check his stories so as
to extract actual useful information from them, cool.  (But with less
effort you could just subscribe to a couple Linux news RSS feeds, and
get all the actual news Roy reports, without having a bunch of deceptive
items to weed out).  (I'm assuming you actually *want* accurate
information--although that is not a given on COLA).

--
--Tim Smith