Re: So... anyone want to actually talk about Linux? Advocate it, maybe?

Snit wrote:
"Megabyte" <megabyte.NoSpam@xxxxxxxx> stated in post
6%val.4459$PH1.246@edtnps82 on 1/11/09 5:18 PM:

The Lost Packet wrote:
Anyone?

There must be more to life than throwing insults around on a public
forum at people that a: you've never met and b: are unlikely ever to
meet; expanding on which, it's utterly retarded to think that you (you
know who you are) have either the God-given right or the moral
justification to post personal attacks and lies about people you *don't*
*even* *know* on said same public forums. To those people I say: get a
fucking room, we don't want to see your drooling, hate-filled bullshit.

I for one am fed up to the eyeteeth of it.
That is one of the reasons I like Roy's news posts.  They provide
information while not containing most of the noise that is generated
when most of the other threads degenerate.  Some feel they are SPAM but
I think they are a good diversion.

My problem with his posts is he repeatedly "reports" the same off topic
things about Apple, MS, their products and management.

They are also clearly automated - he does not even read them I bet.

I don't have a problem with him reporting on Apple or MS, he begins them with [Rival] and I think both are relevant as the other two producers of dominant operating systems. In addition their methods are often in direct contrast with that of open source. Apple and MS deserve bad press at times and Roy is simply reporting on what others have written elsewhere in his news posts.