Re: Circuits E-Mail Etiquette .htm

  • To: <harveyT@prodigy.net>
  • Subject: Re: Circuits E-Mail Etiquette .htm
  • From: "Roy Schestowitz" <sch@danielsorogon.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:45:45 +0100
I like that article. Here are some of my personal views:

-Formality depends on my correspondent and the circumstance. I would only
use smileys in chat applications, but not in E-mails.

-I agree that quoted messages should remain at the bottom as appendices
unless the respond is brief or vague, e.g.

>Would you like to meet at 6pm?

Yes.

-HTML can be used if the other person shows consent. It still remains
unprofessional. Never make a formal or semi-formal E-mail HTML formatted.

-One that I can add myself: never send multiple recipient (inpersonal)
messages to anyone unless that someone has agreed and welcomed that.

--
 __/ Roy Schestowitz \______\______\____